Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello, we understand how frustrating it is when adaptive brightness is not working. Try resetting the feature using these steps:
- Open the Settings app, then go to Apps → See all apps.
- Scroll through your app info list and tap on the Device Health Services entry.
- Tap the Storage & cache section.
- Hit the Manage space button.
- Tap the Reset adaptive brightness button.
- Select OK to save and confirm your choice, and it'll revert to the factory default settings.
If the feature is still not working correctly, you can try a factory reset. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If the troubleshooting is still not helpful, then it is recommended to have the phone evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html
I have been a Samsung fan 4ever... my wife, my father, my brothers and all my friends have Samsung...I have never been so disappointed with Samsung and its built-in brightness does not work regardless.
And no reply from Samsung about the issue🥵🥵🥵