JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A12 can't send pics through text

(Topic created: 03-08-2023 12:52 PM)
FOHChip
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just got this phone and can't send pictures or video. They keep failing. It seems to be changing the format to MMS I've looked all through the menus and can't find anything 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Good afternoon @FOHChip,

I hope you're doing well.

Sending photos and videos over the air is known as MMS (Multimedia Messaging service) where was Text messaging is just sending text over the air.

The reason you might be having this problem is either the file sizes of your MMS are too large to be sent over the air.

There ARE alternatives to send your MMS to recipients, you can send a link to of your photos a videos through Google Drive which will save on the bandwidth needed to view them in their native resolutions that you're capturing them in.

I would also recommend using Google Messages because of a feature known as RCS which allows your recipients to recieve the MMS messages no problem when both of you are using Google Messager

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Good afternoon @FOHChip,

I hope you're doing well.

Sending photos and videos over the air is known as MMS (Multimedia Messaging service) where was Text messaging is just sending text over the air.

The reason you might be having this problem is either the file sizes of your MMS are too large to be sent over the air.

There ARE alternatives to send your MMS to recipients, you can send a link to of your photos a videos through Google Drive which will save on the bandwidth needed to view them in their native resolutions that you're capturing them in.

I would also recommend using Google Messages because of a feature known as RCS which allows your recipients to recieve the MMS messages no problem when both of you are using Google Messager
FOHChip
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is literally what I was trying to send. It's not too big Resized_20230308_102535_1000000083_1678289732.jpg
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you using the Samsung Messenger app or the Google Messenger app?
0 Likes
FOHChip
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm using the text program that came with the phone. I've not used a Google program
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Unfortunately, since it's a third party messaging service, I cannot speak for that program. I recommend using Google Messager app or Samsung Messenger app to alleviate this problem.
0 Likes
FOHChip
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm using the text program that came with the phone not a third-party Screenshot_20230309-093502_One UI Home.jpg
0 Likes
FOHChip
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Doesn't the Samsung phone use the Samsung texting app? I've not downloaded any other texting app.
0 Likes
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes that is the Samsung Messenger app. My apologies. You can try and play around with your camera settings in the Samsung camera so that your media files aren't so big to be sent over the air that be the only case I can think of why they're not being sent
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there! I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your device isn't working as it's designed to! Let's try to get your photo messages sending! 

First, let's make sure that your MMS messaging is turned on. 

You can head to Messages and tap on Menu icon > Settings > More Settings > Multimedia messages and enable the option Auto retrieve or Roaming auto retrieve.

Also, let's make sure your data is turned on, Multi Media Messages require a data connection. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet and toggle on Mobile data.

Next, you can clear the cache and data of the messaging app. To do that, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > All Apps > Messages > Storage & cache > Clear cache.

If you're still having issues sending MMS messages please reach out to your carrier as it may be something on their end!