Hi I am based in Portugal. On may last trip to the UK I brought a Samsung A14 (a moderately priced phone as this is all I require) to replace my trusty Huawei P20 which had the USB C port die.
I use the duel SIM slots, as I have a Portuguese SIM and a UK SIM. I have a good data package via the UK SIM so prefer to use its data while in Portugal and only use my Portuguese SIM for local calls.
My UK SIM is unlocked and data roaming while in Portugal works in my old phone the Huawei P20. However as soon as I put the UK SIM into my A14 data roaming does not work. I can make and receive calls to and from the UK SIM. To fix the issue I have tried:
- Resetting the networks (Settings -> General Management -> Reset -> Reset network settings.
- Choosing a carrier manually (Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators -> turn off select automatically, then choose Vodafone PT).
- Turning WIFI on and off.
- Turning Data Roaming on and off (Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Data roaming UK SiM on/off).
Nothing seems to work. It is like the Data Roaming software switch in the A14 is disabled.
To be clear the UK SIM and plan works for Data Roaming, I have confirmed that in other phones. It's just this new Samsung A14 that data roaming does not work.
I am hoping some one else has had this issue and can advise me as to a solution.
Solved! Go to Solution.
To head off questions. I have also tried.
- Swapping which SIM Slot the UK SIM is in. both do not work
- Only having the UK SIM in the Phone. makes no difference if the Portuguese SIM is in the phone with the UK SIM or not.
@Life_on_the_Flipside FYI, this discussion area is for Samsung US based products and services. Therefore you won't find people with experience with this issue on this site. I recommend that you find a Samsung site dedicated to your geographical location and seek your answer there.