cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Samsung A20 (Boost Mobile) - most recent Android 10 update broke all Google apps

I installed the most recent Android 10 update yesterday (12/1/20) on my Samsung A20, after getting a notification about it. After it rebooted, it took hours to finish (a "Finishing System Updates" bar in my Notifications). After it finally did, none of my Google apps will load, they stay on an opening screen logo or a blank screen. All of my other apps work, except the ones that use Google to sign in. I can't even do searches on it. Help?

Looking other places advised me to clear cache & data in Google Play Services. I can clear the cache under Settings/Apps, however, the "manage Storage" button (where other apps have "Clear Data") just leads to a blank screen again. Can't update it either as Google Play doesn't load.

3 REPLIES 3
Astronaut

Re: Samsung A20 (Boost Mobile) - most recent Android 10 update broke all Googl..

have you tried resetting the phone? and do the apps need updated or you can't update them because it won't open? if that's the case backup your data and factory reset it and try again.
Constellation

Re: Samsung A20 (Boost Mobile) - most recent Android 10 update broke all Googl..

Ok, following on that... Hope someone is still watching this thread ...let me know if I should post someplace else.

I'd used Google backup before the update.  I've been unable to backup this phone using USB - I turned on USB debugging which usually lets you connect to a PC and look at it like another drive. However, this didn't work because of the USB C connector. Tried updating the drivers, but that still didn't work.  I tried Samsung Backup, but it only seems to back up settings.  Then I found out about the Your Phone Companion app (windows) but I could not get the phone and PC to sync  - from the comment left in the app reviews, it seems to be broken.

Thought I'd just back up files to my sd card, but I have it formatted so apps will run from it. If I unmount it and then factory reset will the card still work? or will I lose everything on the card?

Astronaut

factory reset