Original topic:

Samsung A21 Where's all my calendar dates

(Topic created: 09-05-2023 10:26 AM)
JM626
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So my old A21 developed issues with the screen/display. So I bought another unlocked Samsung A21 from Amazon that was set to use my original carrier, T-Mobile. I thought take the SIM and SD card out of the old one and put them in the new...easy peazy right? It took a little time but I have the contacts (most of them) and  pictures back. But I cannot figure out how to get the Calendar to display my previous dates and events. I've manually added some but not close to what I had.

I'm beginning to think it has to do with the MAC address of the old phone and these calendar events are stored in someone's cloud and the new one obviously has a different address. But the screen on the old one is toast so I can't see where I came from on the phone now. Tried all the things I've seen online to no avail. I keep telling myself IT'S THE SAME SIM and MEMORY CARDS, SAME MODEL PHONE? Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think the answer to this would depend on if you were using your phone calendar or Google calendar and where they were backed up. That being said, in the calendar click the top left 3 lines (I call it a hamburger) then click on the settings wheel and then "manage calenders". Make sure all your calendars are turned on to display.
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If using Samsung calendar it would only be backed up if you had it set to backup to the cloud. Google calendar should pull over automatically I believe.
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you haven't already in the new phone, open Samsung cloud and make sure calendar sync is turned on as in this screenshotScreenshot_20230905_131856_Samsung account storage.jpg
JM626
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for the reply, I should have said it was the Samsung calendar, not the Google. I just had thought all the data was either on the internal memory or the memory card. I copied those to the PC just in case but never backed up to the cloud. I'm thinking I may be starting from scratch again on the calendar stuff.

0 Likes
Kdrewh
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Awww man. I'd say definitely utilize the Samsung cloud for at least calendar even if not your full device backup.