cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung A21s unable to move apps too SD micro memory card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am unable to move apps on Samsung A21s,  checked several discussionsions & still unable to move apps too SD micro memory card

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung A21s unable to move apps too SD micro memory card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Running out of room on your phone or tablet? If you have a microSD card in your device, it lets you expand memory space and exchange pictures, music, or data with microSD compatible devices. It's a must for that catalog of pictures or songs you've accumulated over the years.

Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider and software version. Samsung Android phones do not support the Adoptable storage feature.

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062607/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Running out of room on your phone or tablet? If you have a microSD card in your device, it lets you expand memory space and exchange pictures, music, or data with microSD compatible devices. It's a must for that catalog of pictures or songs you've accumulated over the years.

Note: Available screens and settings may vary by wireless service provider and software version. Samsung Android phones do not support the Adoptable storage feature.

Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062607/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy A21. I inserted the sd card I used on my previous galaxy phones and followed the steps in the link you sent. There is no option to change where my apps are stored. I've had the phone for 4 days and I'm already getting warnings that I am low on space. Please tell me how to fix this.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regretfully, not all apps can be moved to an SD card. It is up to the app developers whether they allow this function. It is a manual process. You would have to go to Settings>Apps>Select the app you want to move. If it allows you to move it to the SD card, there would be an option listed under Storage to move the app.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue with my new A21.  It's inconceivable that EVERY game and app does not allow a move to SD card per developer's wishes.  Many of the apps I'd like to move on this A21 I easily moved on my previous phone (the Samsung A20).  This is either a bug or an intentional design (by Samsung or Android) - either way, a mistake and a flaw.  The internal storage on this phone is 32gb, yet the external storage will support up to 512gb.  It's asinine that only photos/videos/documents can be moved/stored on a card.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't understand why they even have an option for an SD-card, when there is no possibility to move apps from the internal to the external card. I feel really disappointed, since I thought I bought a decent phone of good quality.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. I understand not all apps can be moved. My problem is none of my apps are giving me an option to move them, even those that I had on my SD card with my Galaxy J7 Perx. So I know the issue isn't the app developers not allowing it to move, the issue is with this specific phone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not true cause this wasn't the case with my A20 the new hardware you guys let out has worse cameras worse processing power and way less features you guys removed the casting feature which alot of my customers complain to me about people like me have to hear about it day to day on the front end of retailers and me as a consumer myself am very disapointed in the work that has been done because I had the image of samsung being the most innovated in the mainstream market but unfortuantely that definently isnt the case here this is obviously a devolution from our predecesors SMH

@SamsungRei wrote:

Regretfully, not all apps can be moved to an SD card. It is up to the app developers whether they allow this function. It is a manual process. You would have to go to Settings>Apps>Select the app you want to move. If it allows you to move it to the SD card, there would be an option listed under Storage to move the app.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung doesn't have a clue on this issue nor do they seem to really care. They probably did it on purpose.

I've gotten the "oh well. It is what it is, sorry not sorry" response.

Only one person put in for a management issue response, and it doubtful they're gonna fix it. A01 also had this issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would have never purchased the A21 yesterday had I known this was the case.