cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung A30 Screen Goes Black

Hello, my A30 screen was broken because of falling. Now I already change the screen with the cheap one because I can't afford the original super AMOLED. The replacement screen was an LCD. But when I use the phone for gaming the screen sometimes goes black but the backlight is still on. After hours of diagnosing I found out that when I put my finger anywhere on the screen, then I put another finger on the top area of the screen ( around notification bar ) the screen goes black. I never actually use samsung A series before, my last phone was J2 Prime. I just want to ask is it a feature that only works on AMOLED display or is it a firmware bug or something else? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: Samsung A30 Screen Goes Black

I think your problem lies with the type of screen needed to properly run. If your phone is built to run AMOLED then it is using electroluminescent tech as opposed to Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) . Though LCD will run most functions of the phone it tends to lose alot of productive values in the multi touch function area. Not for sure but you could turn on your Touch Traces in your Developer settings and find out how many of your touches are actually being computed while playing a game. If the screen is only registering say 2 touches at once (your thumbs) then anything over that amount might be crashing the screens operation because it cant compute a higher amount of touches at any given time. This is only a thought but might be something you investigate further.
Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, thank you and sorry for the late reply. Just got the email today. My screen somehow get fixed by turning on and off the Game Launcher feature. Not sure if it was the main cause of the problem but it's working perfectly now. I also updated my phone to the latest patch just in case it was a system bug.

Highlighted
Nebula

Thats Great News Id say its probably a bit of both. The Game Launcher feature more or less focuses more of your processor to that area by idling background processes tgat arent focused on gaming and screen interaction which would boost your Frames Per Second overall and the security patch was for Stability improvements also so it makes Perfect Sense
Im glad you were able to solve the problem