cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung A50 8-12 hrs battery life?

Hello All,

My samsung A50 battery went from 100% to 15% in 12hrs. I just got this phone 4 days ago. I went and chat with a samsung rep and he said that normal battery life should last 8-12 hrs. How is the battery life on your samsung A50? You charge your phone every 12 hours?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung A50 8-12 hrs battery life?

Mine typically lasts most of the day however, if I play games and have the screen on all the time on full brightness the battery tends to go out quicker than usual. Basically the battery life is just an estimate that is constantly changing based on the activity on the phone. The 8-12 hrs battery life you describe could increase or decrease based on your activity on the phone. You can also go to settings and change the power mode to optimized to help increase battery life. Turning off bluetooth, NFC, location, and nearby device scanning can help as well. Putting apps to always sleep has helped mine greatly as well.

Highlighted
Constellation

I used the phone on facebook for 1.5hrs and calls about 45 mins yesterday. Full charge when I went to work at 8am and around 7pm it was at 15%. I didnt use the phone much yesterday.

I updated the phone last night to the latest software. It seems to fix the problem. When I got home at 7pm tonight the battery was at 72%.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Since I use bluetooth headphones, constantly on my phone, and I'm usually streaming music, my battery lasts 7-9 hours. It all depends on usage, I've had my phone for a few months and have been using my phone like that for quite a bit now. I only have to charge my phone once in the night and I'll be good for the rest of the night. Having 12 hours of battery life is really good though.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @Alka24 ,

If you would like to see your personal battery usage  to see how your phone long your phone will last based on how you use it. You can go to

Settings > Device Care/Maintenance > Battery >  Battery Usage

That should help you understand whats draining in the background, and when you use it.

Best,

Jayhon