JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A50 does not always reconnect to in-vehicle in dash radio/bluetooth

(Topic created: 03-23-2020 10:45 PM)
userqyRWCG61Ll
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 (Sprint) purchased last July (19)

My first vehicle was a Dodge Journey...In December I traded for a 2019 Chevy Equinox.   Paired the phone with the indash "infotainment" system for calls.

If I leave the vehicle (which breaks the connection) when I re-enter the vehicle...frequently the phone fails to connect with the in-dash system.   (Happened on both vehicles)

Restarting the phone frequently fixes the issue but it's a pain in the ......

This appears to be a known issue based on other posts......is there a fix that can be pushed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userqyRWCG61Ll
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The issue appears to be resolved.   Phone received update to Android 10 about a week ago.  Connects every single time now

View solution in context

8 Replies
ACEB0ND10
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi @userqyRWCG61Ll  i'm sorry to hear that you are having that issue , I would suggest  testing the bluetooth connectivity to another  device if the connection to the device is stable. That means there is no problem with the device. If that's the case  i reccomend contacting your car dealer and make sure you have the latest software on "infotainment"

Hope this will fix the issue. Goodluck!

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

0 Likes
userqyRWCG61Ll
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have tested this against other devices and same results...sometimes connects right off, but it's as if bluetooth has gone to sleep, or just not turned on (it is turned on) and won't connect...reboot...it remembers the connection and connects

0 Likes
userqyRWCG61Ll
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The problem is not resolved!    This was happening in all my vehicles...not just one...and happens with other devices...this appears to be a issue with the bluetooth functionality of this phone

0 Likes
RoccoReviews
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Go to Settings

Apps

3 dot menu

Show system settings

Bluetooth

Storage

Clear data

0 Likes
userqyRWCG61Ll
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've taken the steps...will have to see if it connects next time I get in, but we are currently shelter in place...so don't get out much right now

0 Likes
RoccoReviews
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You can get in anyway, just don't go anywhere, phones can still connect to cars even without moving.

0 Likes
userqyRWCG61Ll
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

because of stay in place orders...haven't been in the vehicle too often...but this has not resolved the issue.   Once it stops working..it's only resolved by rebooting the phone

0 Likes
Solution
userqyRWCG61Ll
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The issue appears to be resolved.   Phone received update to Android 10 about a week ago.  Connects every single time now