Original topic:

Samsung A50 melted

(Topic created: 04-30-2021 01:22 PM)
user_3wsob0
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recently bought an A50. I was waiting to save up to buy one for about a year and a half. I had this phone for about 2 months when a couple days ago.. I put the phone to charge in my car before I got down at store and no less than 30 seconds later I checked the phone to make sure that it was indeed charging. The phone was lava hot to the touch and I could see the top back corner where SD slot is located giving off steam and the plastic literally melting before my eyes. I unplugged the phone and started to blow on it. Needless to say the phone is totally out of order. But is there anything that can be done to figure out what happened? Is there anything Samsung could do to help?

3 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What kind of charger where you using? Was your car hot in the inside, phone in direct sunlight?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did you still need help with your issue?

0 Likes