Original topic:

Samsung A51. The photos in the Gallery turn into a gray square

(Topic created on: 4/18/21 12:53 PM)
Swiftana
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The photos in my Gallery turn into a gray square with an exclamation mark(!),  after I take a picture with a Camera and try to view them. What is the problem? Is there a problem with the Camera or Gallery? How to fix it? 

I have a phone less than a year. 
 We thought the problem was in the memory card. Formatted the memory card. Problem still exists. Changed to a new one. The same thing happens. Looking for help ... S.O.S.

7 Replies
htownshan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have this same problem with my S10+
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recommend that you make sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

Does this issue still appear when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
htownshan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My software is up to date. The issue began right after the Android update in March. I tried it in Safe mode. I wiped the cache. I did a factory reset. I bought a new SD card. I've read numerous message boards, watched more YouTube videos than I liked. I've spoken to your independent workers via the chat feature on this platform. What I cannot understand is why Samsung hasn't addressed this issue. Many people on here have the same problems. In the Google Play Store it says the Samsung Gallery app is no longer compatible with my Samsung S10+. See attached. If you read the reviews in the Play Store other Samsung device owners are having the same problems.

Screenshot_20210418-104440_Gallery_25408.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-101344_Google Play Store~2.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I would like to look into this issue for you. Can you send me a private message using the link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you experience these symptoms, if you move the picture back to internal storage?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
elitheiceman
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the same problem with an A21. Its costing me time and money. I sent Samsung a sample of this problem.20210602_180330_2775.jpg
0 Likes
aoz
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Not exactly the same as the OP's problem, but I noticed long ago that Samsung Gallery isn't good at detecting deleted (or moved) photos/files. It continues to show the old state, and deleted/moved files show as this placeholder icon.

The stupid thing is, Gallery knows the file is gone (because it shows this placeholder graphics), yet it will not update its state to just remove the photo from the list. Deleting the Gallery app's cache or data doesn't help, and I've found no way to refresh it.

The above was my experience on an Android 9 device, with Gallery 10.2.02.1.

0 Likes