cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useryNREVpDHK0
Asteroid

Samsung A70 charging port melted

I have bought Samsung A70 mobile phone two months ago. It has been running good until last night. I started to charge my phone via an original cable using a power bank that I have bought same day with my phone from Samsung store. In less than a minute, the phone started to heat up, I removed the cable immediately and turned my phone off. I waited until it cooled down and turned it on. I noticed a black melted plastic on the charger and it was from the phone's charging port. The phone is working and charges but I can see the melted plastic in the charging port.

The thing is it could have exploded or at least completely damaged which would have been a disaster! I'm afraid it could happen any time I try to charge it again and what if it happened and I didn't notice when it starts to heat up and the worse happened?!

I have contacted the customer service after via phone twice and there was no answer. I contacted them via live chat; the agent wasn't helpful at all and told me to go to the customer service center so they can decide what has caused the problem. I asked what would they do especially it wasn't a misuse and not my fault, he said since it's more than 30 days since I bought the phone, they won't replace it and will only fix it if they were convinced it wasn't a misuse. really?

And you know what the customer service will do, they will take weeks to reply and try their best to make it seem as a misuse so they wouldn't do anything.

How can that be a misuse? It’s only two months since I've got the phone and have been using it the best way. How can I stay with no phone for weeks? This is not a cheap phone; I have paid a lot for it! Who knows what would have happened if it had exploded or caught fire? It’s not my fault something like that has happened.

I need your immediate support!

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung A70 charging port melted

I would suggest reaching out to a Certified Samsung Repair center to get it looked at you  can use the information below to locate one and contact them they will be able to give you best information on repairs Hope they are able to help you with your phone 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

or

https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
useryNREVpDHK0
Asteroid

I would like to let you know that I live in Egypt and because I know customer service agents are not helpful here because of previous contacts I posted on Samsung global to share my bad experience. It is really upsetting to buy a phone and only two months after I'm afraid to use it 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Since you live in Egypt I would suggest reaching out to the Support Community for your location they would be able to better support you then the US Community you can use the link below to access the Community Sorry for any inconvenience you are having 

https://www.samsung.com/visitcountry/

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useryNREVpDHK0 Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:

useryNREVpDHK0
Asteroid

I would like to add that I've visited Samsung repairing center at one of Samsung stores. The agent was careless and wasn't paying attention to what I was saying and didn't try to help. Another guy next to him tried to charge the phone and I told him it was charging so his answer was: so what do you want?

I told him there's a piece of plastic that has melted and it's only been 2 months since I bought the phone and I don't know what caused that

He said it could be the power bank so that is classified as a misuse. My answer was: how was it a misuse? Was I try to burn my phone or wanted to make it explode? I've bought the power bank from Samsung store so it's not my fault 

He told me then I could leave my phone and they send it to be checked and they can tell if it's a misuse! And his solution was not to use the power bank again 

I asked him what would happen next, he has no idea 

I asked him if I can even replace the power bank or return it, he said there's no warranty for it so he has no idea

So careless and upsetting and they have no idea what they are doing or how to deal with customers

I've contacted the customer service via phone and the customer agent gave me a what'sApp number to send photos of the phone and the power bank to and I did

I received a message from them the day after they would contact me in a day and they haven't 

I called the customer service again and another agent told me that's a misuse so obviously there's nothing they can do 

After 2 days, I sent them a message telling them it's been 2 days and no one contacted me. They replied telling me to contact the customer service!

It's been 6 days since I have had that problem and there's no solution 

This is a very bad experience and I regret buying the phone from Samsung