cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useryRJmsmlJAl
Asteroid

Samsung A70 screen won't turn off after locking

I've recently  updated my Samsung A70 and now out of nowhere the phone's  display keeps turning itself back on after locking it, I've tried clearing cache partition, reboots, ensured "Always on display" is disabled and scanned for malware,  none if which help. I'm sure many other people are having the same problem as reddit and other common sites are full with identical complaints. And I don't  fancy coughing  up another €400, or waiting nearly 2 weeks to have it repaired/replaced just because of a buggy update.  First the Charging Port glitch and now this. Any other advice would be appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
ZanderCoston
Constellation

Re: Samsung A70 screen won't turn off after locking

How does it turn itself back on? Like, is the screen just popping on? Does it think it is charging? Does the phone display any message? I feel like it is some sort of charging issue as the screen turns on when charging and when it reaches different points. I could also be totally incorrect but it would be interesting to know more.

useryRJmsmlJAl
Asteroid

It used to think it was charging and/or was able to transfer data, a message kept sliding up asking to allow tethering, but now with the latest update once I press the lock button it locks then turns the lock screen back on instantly, I've checked of it was a port issue but it seems not, device still charges fine though.

useryRJmsmlJAl
Asteroid

Never mind just noticed a minimized  notification  in my status bar constantly  flickering  between connected  and disconnected. Couldn't  be because of damage as it's never been dropped, wet or overheated

userJnlY1skOR3
Constellation

I have the same problem, originally the connected/disconnected error, then slow charging, and now screen won't turn off, have tried cache clear, tried safe mode, and full restore, same thing.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If this symptom still occurs while the device is in safe mode I would recommend having your phone evaluated by a certified technician. You may have two options for this depending on your location. You can either visit a local uBreakiFix location or you can always ship your device in.

user1RJBMktUxY
Constellation

Thanks moderator, but this seems to be a common problem among A70 users recently as seen in Samsung and tech forums. The common denominator is the recent update. I think maybe the most recent update might be buggy? If so, do you know when this will be reviewed? Cheers 

usercYpu74Q79j
Astronaut

I have the exact same problem

user7zbHPTA1Ik
Constellation

Same with me, its started today about 3 hours ago and it wont stop, it'll stay off for 5-10 minutes if I'm lucky but usually it just turns on immediately after turning off. 

user7zbHPTA1Ik
Constellation

In the newest software update they updated USB moiture detection, so last night I put my phone in rice and it solved the problem, I no longer have the usb connected disconnected notification, and my phone turns off