cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung A70 screen won't turn off after locking

mine was doing this around christmas to new years then it went away for a while but came back yesterday.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well my phone can turn off now. I think it has dried out a bit. Didn't get to try the rice bag thing though. but i still get the notice that the usb is plugged or unplugged and it still won' tether to the computer. I have noticed that all the symptoms start happening when i use the phone in cold whether so it probably is a mioture condensation thing. Ultimately the amount this is happening would indicate that it is a faulty phone. What can we do about this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

now the off button won't work again. I am finding it will work for a while without being plugged in if it is fully charged but then once it goes below 80% or so it stops again and the the battery dies even faster.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, service provider, and the Android version on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

full model # is SM-A705w,baaseband A705WVLU3ASK2, service is with bell, serial number R58M62N5BZV, andriod version 9.

Today my phone buttons were working in the morning. i put it in my pocket at 75%charge with the phone off/asleep. Half hour later notice it heating up. It had turned itself on and it was down to 13%. the buttons off/ sleep button not working again. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It is a worldwide common problem! Get it fixed Samsung! Google it! Tens of thousands of complaints with the same problem! Take responsibility! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have same problem 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've got the EXACT SAME problem. It is so frustrating. The battery lasts for about half a day because the screen is always on...if I didn't spend so much money buying it I would've just replaced it...but its only been a few months since I bought the phone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the very same problem in my a70