cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Samsung A71 fast charging not working after OneUI 2.5 update. Ran tests.

Those who do and do not have the OneUI 2.5 update, if you have time, can you also check how long it takes 10% charge takes as to correlate my figures below, it would be a great help as because I am unable to downgrade to OneUI 2.0.

This is now my third post on this topic. I have done a set of timed charge tests to confirm that indeed my fast charging has stopped working. I also tried charging with fast charging turned off from settings. 10% charge takes 5 mins with fast charging turned off, instead of 4 mins with it turned on.

According to tests by reviewers, it should take approximately 1hr and 25mins to full charge.

That comes to 81-85mins. We'll take 85mins to give it padding for errors.

Thereby it should be 5100 secs [85minsx60secs] for full charge.

Putting it at approximately 51 secs per each 1% of charge. (This is giving it a huge leeway).

For some extra padding we can say 1 % = 1 min of charge. 

My phone shows it takes 20mins for 10% charge (Battery level at 90%).

To make sure the phone wasn't showing the wrong time to full charge on the lock screen, I used an external timer set at 20mins. When my timer hit 20mins, my battery had charged 98%.

So now it's taking more than 2 minutes per 1% of charge after the OneUI 2.5 update. 

I let it drop again to 98% and plugged it in, says 4 mins to full charge. 

I have been using the 25 watt fast charging block and cable from the box and haven't used any other charger.

Lots of people with other phones are also having this issue with fast charging basically being non-existent after the OneUi 2.5 Update. This is ridiculous. 

What are my options apart from downgrading, wait till One UI 3.0 and hope it's fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
Constellation

Re: Samsung A71 fast charging not working after OneUI 2.5 update. Ran tests.

you are ABSOLUTELY correct about this and you are definitely onto something. my A71 5G has the exact same issue and it's been driving me crazy. out of the box, it would take only an hour to get to 90% charge. but after the UI 2.5 update, an hour only produces 50% or 60% of charge. that is simply unacceptable for a "super fast charge" device...especially when i need power quickly, like when i'm getting ready to leave and need to "super charge" my device before i head out. this update took that away from me, and it's a bummer.

BUT...i also notice something else. i only have this issue when using the OEM 25W charging brick. i have a hypercharge "super fast" AC charger for my car, and using the USB-C to USB-C connection, i get the OLD charging results. this is the same with my 20,000mAmp portable charger, using the C-to-C cable...the original lightning fast results. but when i plug my phone into the charger it came with, THAT'S where i see the slow charging issue.

so, you might want to check this with your device too. again, i'm specifically using the USB-C to USB-C cable for both the AC-charger and the portable brick. best of luck to you, and i hope we all can eventually get this figured out!!

Cosmic Ray

I see, in that case I will try and see if I can get ahold of a different charging block. That's ridiculous though.

Thank you for your input, it's greatly appreciated !

Constellation

Same with my S20 plus says 1hour 12 min to full but takes different times always more than it claims (10 to 20 min more )