cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

Samsung A71 - latest update, fast charging slower than slow charging.

I updated my A71 to the latest update, (Oct2020), and ever since then, the phone charges extremely slowly when in fast charge mode (2 hours+) to full charge. I have been using the charging block and cable that came with the phone since day 1.  

10%  charge takes 20mins now.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, or are you facing something similar ? Any help will be appreciated, the fast charging was great till this update. 

10 REPLIES 10
Astronaut

Re: Samsung A71 - latest update, fast charging slower than slow charging.

can't help, but I have an unlocked A71 5g, and still have not gotten the update. when I do, I will see if I have the same issue.
Cosmic Ray

Thank you!

It happened after the OneUI 2.5 update.

If it doesn't affect you, that means the 5g version doesn't have the issue. 

Astronaut

I recently got the 2.5 update, haven't noticed any issues charging with the unlocked A71 5g version.
Cosmic Ray

I See, does it mention how many minutes it will take to 10 percent ? Mine is 20 mins for 10% charge.

Astronaut

Re: Re: Samsung A71 - latest update, fast charging slower than slow charging.

I usually don't get that low on battery, but I will try this weekend and let you know.
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Samsung A71 - latest update, fast charging slower than slow charging.

In that case, when it's at 90% battery level, just check how many minutes it takes to get to 100%. It might be easier for you. Mine says 20 mins on the lockscreen, to go from 90% to 100%. 

Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Samsung A71 - latest update, fast charging slower than slow chargi..

says Super fast charging 88% 24 minutes until full.
Astronaut

first time I really paid attention to charge time, you might be on to something.
Cosmic Ray

Thank you for checking!

So it is happeneing to others as well. I am doing a series of timed tests with fast charging turned on and off.  I will make a new post with that soon.  According to the tests from reviewers it should be 50 secs per 1% battery charge, or a minute per 1% charge to give it some room. 

Currently mine is at 2mins per 1%, and looks like so is yours. 24 mins for 12% charge.