cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy A01 SD card ISSUE

so i got this phone thinking i can move apps to a SD card for more space due to 16gbs of space on the phone but i was wrong at lest i think of now i tried to look for help online and samsung told me only some apps can be moved but it won't let me move anything besides pictures or files and i really need to have space i have about 12gbs out of 16gbs and i only have the system files that are needed to run the phone and like snapchat,facebook,instgram,discord,and like a few other apps and im already almost full but i cant move anything to the SD card is it not a thing anymore ? also i tried to look online youtube for help and i seen people use a thing in the settings to force it but that never works so im kinda stuck 

phone https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-a01/

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy A01 SD card ISSUE

Regretfully, it is up to the app developers whether they can be stored on an SD card. The only other option would be to use the web browser to access apps such as Facebook, which can be accessed through the browser rather than an app. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

Yup, same issue, 

Unable to set sd card to internal storage.

Also unable to delete the 'bloatware' and preinstalled apps that I dont want.

Just been in to the Samsung store but there's nothing they could do for me...

Have I been duped/ missold a 16g phone that is supposedly expandable to 512g but it's NOT able to do so.

Is this a Android10 issue or Samsung ? 

Please advise how to root this very fast basic phone to a pure lightwheight Android OS.

Many thanks 

Astronaut

So has anyone figured out how to use the sd card to store data and free up internal storage and space?

Asteroid

i still have not figure out if they found a fix yet

Astronaut

The galaxy a01 does not have a feature that allows you to move apps to sd card storage. 

Asteroid

that is bad i really need it lol  though what phones do ?

Constellation

It is samsungs choice to not allow users to re-format the sd card "as internal storage"

Asteroid

I TOTALLY agree. I too bought my phone understanding the 16GB limit, but since it had an SD card slot I figured that would be okay. However, it appears the ONLY thing you can use the SD card for is storing pictures, as you obviously can't move apps to it, OR get apps other than the camera to use it for the default USER DATA space or cache. And what REALLY annoys me is all the space taken up by pre-installed apps that I can not delete. So "I me myself" am paying for a phone that I have no control over.

And I don't blame just Samsung for this, the carrier, Verizon, is just as much to blame. My next phone will an unlocked phone that I bring with me to my carrier, instead of one of theirs. That way it is "my" phone.

Asteroid

me too