cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy A10e not recieving text message notifications

I've reset the phone, I've cleared the cache, I've started it in safe mode, I've cleared the data, I've done all of the recommendations presented to troubleshoot the problem and nothing has worked. I still sometimes get text notifications and sometimes don't. This has been happening since the last 2 updates and there still isn't a fix for it. Has anyone found the solution to this problem yet?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy A10e not recieving text message notifications

I have a galaxy s10. I am having the same problem. I stayed on the line with ATT for over 4 hours trouble shooting and then chat with Samsung themselves to no advail. Samsung suggested to send phone in for tech to evaluate. That would be good except I need phone and items on it for work. When I get a text message I have to click on each message, then the contact and highlight the blue bell under each contact. Prior to update the were always highlighted blue unless I manually unselected the bell in order to silence that contact. VERY AGGRAVATING. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue its annoying did anyne get a solution?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Since you have exhausted all troubleshooting for the device, I recommend having the device evaluated by a technician. You may take the device to your local Ubreakifix and they can usually have your device back to you within a day. Alternatively, you may have the device shipped in to our service center, if this is something you are interested in send me a private message with the following information: 

Model and serial number

First and last name 

Email address

Phone number 

Full street address 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also having the same issue. I've had my A10e for about a month. Is it a Samsung issue or an Android Pie issue? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would like to look into this for you. Let's look into a couple of things first?

Have you made sure your phone is up to date on its software?

Have you made sure the texting app is up to date on its software?

Are you using the text messaging app that came with the phone?

Have you tried resetting the network settings on your phone?

Have you tried clearing the cache for the text app?

Does your phone still behave the same way when your phone is in safe mode?

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

Have you tried swapping out the sim card on your phone?

Have you reached out to your service provider?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes to everything. I've done all of these things and I can see from the replies I'm not the only person having this problem. This has been an issue since the December 2019 software update. The phone worked perfecty fine until that update. It doesn't matter how many times I reset it, it'll work for a few minutes then go right back to no notifications and lately not delivering messages at all. And it's sporadic. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Highlighted
Constellation

It's obvious that the built-in Samsung messenger app is garbage. I resolved my notifications issue by downloading another messenger app called Chomp SMS - it works great!

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem.