JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A11 camera not working

(Topic created on: 12/10/20 8:50 AM)
WolfGirlSav
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello, my new samsung galaxy A11 phone has recently not been letting me use the camera lately. It keeps saying, "security policy restricts use of camera". I have tried restarting, clearing cache, nothing has worked. I DO NOT want to factory reset my phone, thats literally my last option for this issue. If any of you have had this issue and fixed it, please let me know how!! This is really important! Thank you. 

9 Replies
userPnzMIQZOAe
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the same problem. Did anyone tell you what to do
WolfGirlSav
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Not yet, at least nothing that has worked
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have you tried pushing a software update through Smart Switch? If this is also not successful, the reset would be the only other step available other than seek repairs. And honestly in repairs, whether its walk-in or ship-in, the device would get wiped. You can also use smart switch or cloud accounts to backup important data before the reset should you wish to try this before seeking repairs. You can find more information here: https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-switch/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

WolfGirlSav
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It won't let me do a software update because its already up to date. I am going to go ahead and back up my data and then reset it, probly tomorrow or the next day. I will update after its done. I really hope that it fixes the issue
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does this issue still appear when you place your phone in safe mode?

0 Likes
WolfGirlSav
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes. I put it in safe mode and it said the same thing.
0 Likes
MelDM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm having the same issues as we speak need phone for work help
0 Likes
SushiFrog
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
check your camera settings if you haven't already. Hope it works!
0 Likes
Solution
WolfGirlSav
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ok everyone! I fixed it!! I was able to fix it without having to reset the phone!! All I did was reset the camera settings and I have had no issues since. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays like that!

View solution in context

0 Likes