The image below shows the only settings I have.
I have had to turn on the assistant to take screenshots,
which is fine but I would like the palm gesture if possible.
I can see how this can be frustrating. I would recommend that you make sure your phone is up to date on its software. I would also try wiping the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps to clearing the cache partition on your phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Side key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, them, and press the Side key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Side key to restart the device.