Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A21 Micro SD card Inserted Notification issue

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 03:02 PM)
Figureguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good afternoon.  I have a Samsung Galaxy A21 phone that is locked to Simple Mobile.  I bought it a few months ago and have an 32gb Micro SD card in it.  Ever since I first got it when I turn it on after powering down it says ' SD card inserted' in Notifications.  It doesn't happen right away but a few minutes after the screen finishes loading.  I never take the card and when it first started doing it I inserted another SD card and the same issue happened.  I have tried formatting it again and dismounting and mounting it.  This morning, however, when I turned it on after a while it said SD CARD DISMOUNTED.  Then it went away, and then it came back.  I restarted the phone and the INSERTED notification came up again but not the dismounted notification.  I have restarted it a couple times and the only notification that now shows consistently it the INSERTED.  I checked the system software and the phone says it is up to date.  It is running Android 11 and One UI Core Version 3.1.  Other than this the phone performs all other functions fine.  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions thank you for the help in advance. 

2 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Figureguy I would suspect that your SD card is failing. I would backup any important files which are on the SD card and get a replacement. 

Figureguy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for the response Longhiker.  Actually it has happened with 2 different SD Cards.  I had a Sandisk in the phone I upgraded from and I transferred it over.  Then the notifications started.  I tried everything I could think of and after 2 weeks of notifications I bought a brand new Samsung Micro SD which is in it now.  Despite changing the SD Card I am still getting the notifications.