cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banistersmind
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy A30 Bluetooth Connectivity Issues.

I have recently purchased a Galaxy A30 handset and am running the latest software for Android.

have pair of Bluetooth ear buds (Bluetooth version 4.1) ear buds that I purchased a couple of years ago and have used them with multiple handset without any issues.

Since pairing them with my A30, I've been experiencing frequent, random connection drops, after which the buds reconnect and resume normal function before dropping the connection again. Sometimes I can go a few minutes before the connection drops. Other times I can get up to an hour or more of uninterruptions.

Looking at other forums, I have seen people suggest changing the Bluetooth AVRCP version from the 1.4 default to v1.3. This didn't seem to work for me. I have tried emptying the system Bluetooth app cache and clearing the data without success and I've tried wiping the cache partition from recovery. I've also tried a different pair of earbuds and can confirm that issue seems to be isolated to these earbuds.

I have also noticed a phenomenon with my handset and my Mazda 2 hatchback in that occasionally, when the phone pairs with my car, the audio playback suffers from pops and jitters and skips. When I soft reset my handset the problem disappears only to return later.

I really like my earbuds and would like to continue using them with my new handset and I am frustrated with the constant interruptions to my vehicle audio. Can anyone suggest something that I might be missing?

3 REPLIES 3
banistersmind
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy A30 Bluetooth Connectivity Issues.

Bump.

banistersmind
Asteroid

Bump.

banistersmind
Asteroid

Here's an observation about my BT earbuds. I've notice, in the past week that if I connect just one of the earbud, the disconnection issue does not materialise. Yet the moment I connect the second earbud, the dropouts resume. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the BT software in the phone. 

The random skipping and popping of audio via my car's audio system is still happening but this is usually resolved by clearing the cache and the data in the BT system app in the phone.