Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A50 doesn't boot - goes into recovery mode

(Topic created: 10-11-2021 03:25 PM)
acetern
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there, I'm writing this on a computer in hopes that there's a solution to my issue.

For a bit of info, I've had this phone since around Christmas of 2019, and haven't had any issues for the longest time, until August of this year. It had suddenly become unresponsive, and then shut off and got stuck on the Samsung screen -- but this was taken care of after a Google search. I had this same exact problem at least once or twice in September, but the same solution had fixed it.

This time, however, it appears to be a whole different issue entirely. My phone just shut off. No freeze-up. I thought my battery died (I had it plugged in, but the charging has been a little iffy recently) but I didn't see the normal Samsung screen when it shut off. (This detail may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.)

Trying to turn it on doesn't do anything, it gets stuck on the Samsung screen, and after some time, attempts to boot up again. I've tried forced reboot, safe mode (it doesn't go to safe mode in my attempts), and I'm unsure how to go into recovery mode.

After a couple attempts, though, it goes into recovery mode by itself, and I get four options: Try again, Erase app data, Power off, and Rescue logs (the wording may be somewhat off).

I really don't want to erase my data (I don't have ANY backups, as far as I know), and won't be able to go get it checked for a little while. Is there anything I can do? Is it just time to get a new phone?

I may be able to go get it looked at tomorrow, although there's no guarantee. Any help greatly appreciated. I can probably provide some info based off of memory, but my memory isn't the best so I may not be able to answer all questions.

0 Likes
1 Reply
acetern
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Unsure how to edit posts, so replying to my own post. But anyways, decided to go ahead and factory reset. Seems to have fixed the problem for now. Not a big deal. Just lost a couple important files that'll be a pain to get back, as well as some less-important but still extremely inconvenient files and photos. Also turns out I DID have a backup, but I wasn't aware of it. Think this was the best outcome though. I believe this was a storage-related issue, so this'll help be start being more aware of my storage.

0 Likes