Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G WiFi Slow Speed 2.4 GHZ Band

(Topic created: 07-10-2022 09:36 PM)
TheFish25
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi. 

Brand new dual band WiFi 6 router and network. All other devices received my full internet speed on both the 2.4ghz or 5ghz bands (200mbps).

On my Samsung A52 5G, it gets 40 mbps on 2.4. On 5ghz, it does get the full 200mbps. 

So for some strange reason and I've tried everything (changing channels on router, etc you name it) the A52 5G gets slow speed on 2.4ghz. 

An older Android phone on 2.4ghz gets higher speed and a iPhone SE 2nd Gen gets excellent speeds on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz!

What's going on?

Also, noticed a video on YouTube with lots of comments agreeing there are WiFi issues on this model. 

Please test this yourself on your device and let me know if there is a fix or what the situation is. 

I'm wondering if it impacts all devices or only some.

I wonder if Samsung needs to push out an update to allow this device to better use the 2.4 band, or is there an issue with the chipset.

Thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
bingus
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
you must remember that 2.4 is much slower than 5, I have that problem too. it could be the hardware.
0 Likes
TheFish25
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for your reply! Oh yes absolutely. 2.4ghz is slower but has better range, 5ghz is faster but has less range. HOWEVER! Why am I getting insanely fast 2.4ghz on all my other devices? E.g iPhone SE 2nd Gen, Dell XPS 13, etc? Even an older Nokia Android smartphone is getting faster 2.4ghz speed. What is going on with Samsung, you know?

What kind of speeds do you see on 2.4ghz? Do you have the same model?
0 Likes
bingus
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I honestly think it might be Samsungs 2.4 band. I get slow speeds on 2.4 (500mbps on others) on a galaxy s22 ultra.
TheFish25
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wow even their more top tier phone has slow 2.4ghz? That's concerning... what speed do you see? Connected to WiFi 6 AX? What's your internet speed? 500? Thanks so much. Make sure you call Samsung to let them know. We really need this addressed!
0 Likes