cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A530W) New user -- cannot access apps

Hi, I just started using a Galaxy A8 (SM-A530W) and I can't seem to get past a Google account screen.

I charged it up, put in the nano SIM card, and it is working fine.  When I turned it, on the Android OS said it was erasing....what it was erasing, I don't know.

Anyway, when it finished erasing, the first screen that came up was...

Hello...

next screen  >start ...

next screen  >connect wifi...

next screen  >end user agreement....

next screen  >checking for updates...

next screen...a Google page that was titled "Verifying Your Account"

On this screen, it says: "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google account that was previously synced on this device".

Email or phone....

I don't understand this. Why is it asking for a Google account, and why a previous Google account?  I did try to enter my own Google account, but it didn't recognize it.

It won't let me go any further.  I don't see any apps or any icons anywhere. There is no home screen, home button, or anything. Just the 4 screens mentioned above. Every time I restart the phone, the same screens come up.  I cannot get out of these screens, and can't proceed past the Google page without verification (which I don't have).  I can't even access any system settings. I can't reset the device.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A530W) New user -- cannot access apps

Ok, I managed to get the phone to accept my Google account email and password, after re-verifying them with Google online.

But now when I enter my email and password, it accepts them, but then automatically reverts to the same login screen. I'm in an infinite login loop.

Please help