cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnonymousPanda
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime: Other people's photos in my gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Chances are, this is probably a stupid question, but I'm not exactly "tech savvy", so bear with me.

The pictures on my phone were taking up a lot of storage, and I couldn't figure out why. I only have 8 GB of storage and 5 of those are for preinstalled features, so I never take/keep pictures. I checked my gallery and found 300+ pics that were not mine. Since some of the pictures looked familiar, is it possible the gallery is somehow linked to facebook or messenger or something? I never saved these pictures, and if it is connected to an app, I can't figure out how to turn it off. I kept googling how to fix this, but I can't? Nothing seemed related to my situation.

I'm always running out of space on my phone, so if you can help, that would be much appreciated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Samsung Galaxy Core Prime: Other people's photos in my gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sure do! I actually accidentally figured this one out for myself a few weeks ago when I had the same mystery pictures problem. Once you open your Facebook Messenger > Select your profile picture in the upper right hand corner > Scroll until you see 'Photos & Media' > Select 'Photos & Media' > Toggle Off 'Save Photos'. You can also choose to toggle off 'Save on Capture' and the skin tone of your emoji from here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there @userUKuK53mis3 I'd be more than happy to help you. What apps and accounts do you have synced to your Gallery? For example, if you have Facebook or your Samsung Account make sure that it's using YOUR account information and not someone else's. Have you tried deleting or moving any of the unrecognizable pictures?

AnonymousPanda
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for responding @SamsungCourt. I tried deleting a handful of the pictures, but more replaced them. However, I think I figured out that it's connected to Messenger. Any tips on how to disconnect? The pictures are taking up a lot of space and it's proving a hassle to continuously delete them.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sure do! I actually accidentally figured this one out for myself a few weeks ago when I had the same mystery pictures problem. Once you open your Facebook Messenger > Select your profile picture in the upper right hand corner > Scroll until you see 'Photos & Media' > Select 'Photos & Media' > Toggle Off 'Save Photos'. You can also choose to toggle off 'Save on Capture' and the skin tone of your emoji from here.

View solution in original post

AnonymousPanda
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you so much!! I really wish I knew it was that simple Smiley Happy
userJaD5f1omvG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's awesome

userAN27dXUVY4