cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPJnx4NvVNp
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy J7 Audio Jack issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the past two months, I've been having an issue with the audio jack in my phone. When I plug headphones into it and try speaking into the mic, whether during a call, voice message or the voice recorder, nothing gets recorded. I either hear nothing or I hear static from moving the cord around. Initially, I thought it was just the headphones. I went out and bought a new pair, same issue. Plugged both into my laptop and the mic worked perfectly fine on both. I started my phone up in safe mode to see if the issue was with any installed apps but the issue was still there. I've never had an issue with using any kind of headphones with this phone. I've had it for almost two years now and the headphones I'm currently using are the same exact (although newer) headphones I'd bought and used for months the first year I got the phone. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 Audio Jack issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-726-7864) to set up an evaluation and repair. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

23 REPLIES 23
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTz1LuYjVBy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes , i too had the same issueess

userz2d2YSWw8w
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, i also have the same problem .. how to repair this ????

@SamsungViv wrote:

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPJnx4NvVNp

Other than Safe Mode and a different set of headphones, have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

userPJnx4NvVNp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like what?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let me know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

userOgQflyc7Px
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did that on my Sj7 star, I also tried a variety of different kinds of product & none of which work. It is so frustrating since now I am stuck with the problem & my phone. It's just a day after warranty expired u find out it's an issue with this phone. Had I known I would have taken it in but I just started to attempt using the headphone jack a week ago for use on my car stereo that doesn't have bluetooth.  My phone has all my songs & now is useless to listen to. Oh I know it has that special little speaker but I want bass.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

userLG40GylsPN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Am still having issues with fixing my audio jack issues... Mine works perfectly well when ever I try  using my earphones to play, pause and listen to musics on my  Samsung j7 pro device but the issue is I can't use the same earpiece in communicating during calls,  I always hear the caller but they don't hear me I can't even use it to record voices any more.. All this fault started recently.. Any help plsss???