Samsung Galaxy J7 Pop-up Notepad nuisance after every call

Constellation

Samsung Galaxy J7 Pop-up Notepad nuisance after every call

[ Edited ]

Every time I end a call a pop-up notepad comes up telling me who I just called and it takes me three back button taps to get rid of it before I can get back to making another call. This can be very inconvenient.

I have visions of  my car going off the road into a ditch upside down trapping me inside and I'm trying to make a call  to the emergency  services and every time my call doesn't go through I have to  get rid of this pop up  notepad before I can try again as my car is leaking fuel and about to catch on fire with me trapped inside it upside down in a ditch.

I can see the headline read:

"Man dies in a fiery Blaze when his car lands upside down in a ditch trapping him inside. When his remains were found he was clutching tight to his Samsung J7 cell phone. It seems the last call he was trying to make was to his Notepad".

How do I get rid of this "nuisance"?

BTW, "Nuisance" was not the word that I wanted to use in this post but every time I tried to use the language that was appropriate to this pop up Samsung made me change it because it was too nasty.

6 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 Pop-up Notepad nuisance after every call

I am sorry to hear this. Does this occur if your device is booted into Safe Mode?

Constellation

I don't know.  I don't know how to boot my cell phone into safe mode.  I know how to do it on my PC, but not on my cell phone.  This started happening just recently after a new and "forced" update by Samsung. 

Samsung Moderator

Samsung Moderator

Just checking back in to see if troubleshooting was helpful?

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Thank you for checking.  No it was not helpful.  As I mentioned, I don't know about anything regarding safe mode for cell phones.  All I want to do is STOP whatever application causes Notepad to pop up after every call I make and makes me click on that page THREE times before it will "Click off" (not my personl choice of words by the way).

I see that you gave me a link with information on "Safe Mode" for my cell phone.  I only recently found out I could watch television on my cell phone, so I'm not likely going to be able to figure out how to boot my cell phone (computer) into safe mode.

That said, I'm probably not likely to be able to figure out how to self diagnose and rid my phone of this injurious application that has been forced on me without my knowledge, my approval, my consent, my request and most of all, not my desire to have.

Telephones are supposed to be used to speak with people for the purposes of communicating with them.  Now and then I've found TEXTING convenient.

I have no desire to watch television, movies, cartoons, news channels, weather channels, take my pulse, answer questions about my prostrate, send a card to my mother, purchase tickets to a football game or to run my daily schedule on my telephone.

So if I have to wait after every single call I make for this Notepad pop up to come and go and leave me alone, then I want you to PAY ME for using your phone and using an application I never asked for in the first place. Because I BOUGHT the phone, I PAY for the phone service.

So I AND ONLY I should decide what kind of applications run on it. I should not be forced to use an application if I don't want to use it.

So your assistance would be best served by finding out WHY my J7 cell phone does what it does.  I can't be the only one it happens to and it started happening immediately AFTER a Samsung imposed UPDATE.

I've been buying Samsung phones since this crazy cell phone thing forced me out of my landline.  I'm nearly killed everyday crossing the street or driving my car by somebody reading a text message on their cell phone while they're driving their car.

Nobody wants to talk anymore on the phone, they just send text messages.  Do you know how easy it is to misinterpret a text message!??  If World War III does happen it will likely be caused by a misinterpreted TEXT message.

So the least you can do is help me figure this thing out.  Not make me go to work to figure it out myself.  

Thank you.

Samsung Moderator

We genuinely believe this issue is caused by a third-party app (that you may have installed without knowing you did so). If you don't want to run the unit in Safe Mode, you can also try a Factory Reset and that should take care of the issue. Please be advised that a Factory Reset will restore your device to its original settings and delete any stored data. Be sure to back up any important data before you perform the Factory Reset.