JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Doesn't Fully Charge

(Topic created: 10-20-2019 02:47 AM)
Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Phone only charges to 80%. Disconnecting and reconnecting phone to charger will complete 100% charging. Swapped out the battery with another, that's not it. Phone is two years old.

8 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you experience these symptoms if you try to charge your device with it in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I only learned about the safe mode a few minutes ago. I will give that a try. I do get messages saying an app is draining the battery faster than it is charging.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for following up. Please keep me posted on how your device functions in safe mode.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Charging in the safe mode did not improve charging. The only way it will fully charge is disconnecting and reconnecting the charger after it reaches 80% - 88%. 88% is the highest it will charge. My wife has the same phone, it charges as it should using the same charger.

BTW, thank you for your input, very much appreciated.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Could you post a screenshot of your battery usage so we can see if there is an application using more than it should?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Found it! It turned out to be the Outlook email app. Uninstalled the app and phone now charges fully.

Thank you all for your great suggestions, each one helped and I learned a little more about my phone.

userE1sPeWZ7YQ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I also have this problem.. I reset my device but nothing, it still has battery problems, I switched its battery but nothing helps.. I might get a new phone
0 Likes
userncpPkwlUGe
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I having this problem to plug it in charges only partially then plug it back in to another outlet and it charges the rest but I dont have outlook so it's not that how do I know what app it is if it is an app
0 Likes