cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut

Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phone only charges to 80%. Disconnecting and reconnecting phone to charger will complete 100% charging. Swapped out the battery with another, that's not it. Phone is two years old.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found it! It turned out to be the Outlook email app. Uninstalled the app and phone now charges fully.

Thank you all for your great suggestions, each one helped and I learned a little more about my phone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you try to charge your device with it in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I only learned about the safe mode a few minutes ago. I will give that a try. I do get messages saying an app is draining the battery faster than it is charging.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for following up. Please keep me posted on how your device functions in safe mode.

Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Charging in the safe mode did not improve charging. The only way it will fully charge is disconnecting and reconnecting the charger after it reaches 80% - 88%. 88% is the highest it will charge. My wife has the same phone, it charges as it should using the same charger.

BTW, thank you for your input, very much appreciated.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you post a screenshot of your battery usage so we can see if there is an application using more than it should?

Samsung_Q7qSrzr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found it! It turned out to be the Outlook email app. Uninstalled the app and phone now charges fully.

Thank you all for your great suggestions, each one helped and I learned a little more about my phone.

View solution in original post