JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy J7 crown can't send/receive pictures or group messages.

(Topic created: 07-09-2019 03:04 PM)
userhErDw4FUrx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 crown that I recently purchased from Tracfone. Texting was working perfectly fine for a couple of weeks, but now I can't send/receive pictures or group messages. I'm not sure what to do. Also, my mobile hotspot has stopped working. Please help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userhErDw4FUrx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Okay, so I talked to Tracfone customer service and it turns out the problem was that my data had run out. I bought another GB of data and now my phone is back to working perfectly. Thank you all of the help. 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does the issue occur with the device in safe mode?

userhErDw4FUrx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, I tried sending a picture in safe mode and it didn't work. So it's not an app I downloaded... Could it be some setting that got turned off? Or an app that I disabled? 

SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you know if the software on your phone is up to date?

userhErDw4FUrx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, I just checked and it doesn't look like there are any updates. Also, I reset my settings and I still had the problem. I was guessing the problem was that I changed one of the settings and that caused the issue. I have no idea what's wrong now.

SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userhErDw4FUrx Go to settings> software update> check for software update

Samsung_nKzNX0y
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I found if you take battery out a couple of minutes put it back in it will start working I work in connection center and I have to do that for a lot of customers

0 Likes
userhErDw4FUrx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you think a factory restart would work? I don't want to try it and erase all of my stuff if it won't fix the problem. 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userhErDw4FUrx Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userhErDw4FUrx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, I have tried resetting the network settings and that didn't work for me. Thank you though.

0 Likes