cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfbvPem0Z4U
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Light: com.android.systemui has stopped

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, so every time I long press the middle button on my phone, an error message pops up:

Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped.

.Once I press `OK` the background goes black for a second and it takes me to the "swipe to unlock" screen.

Everything works normal, but I can't access the menu that displays open apps by long pressing the middle button.

I don't know if this helps here's some system info

Model number: SGH-T399N

Android version: 4.4.2

Kernel version: 3.4.39-2903595

Here are some troubleshooting steps I've already taken that hasn't done anything:

Restarting

Taking the battery out for 30 seconds (while it was still on)

Updating (System says it's up to date)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kova007
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Light: com.android.systemui has stopped

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just uninstall Google app from your phone and that´s it. It worked for me. Smiley Happy

Uninstall this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&hl=en

29 REPLIES 29
user09gMX78HbR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem with my Note 8 tablet. Have you found a solution

user6xpeKkv2qI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too!  Started the day before yesterday.

userRDHiF977pN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue--phone was fine last night, and I woke up to that error this morning when pressing the home key.

Tried all sorts of things, from removing lots of Google apps to removing the battery.

In the end I downloaded and ran CM Security. It cleared a couple of things on the phone, and the error was fixed. The app even helped with battery usage, which was beginning to be a problem.

Hope this helps you!

Highlighted
Kova007
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just uninstall Google app from your phone and that´s it. It worked for me. Smiley Happy

Uninstall this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&hl=en

userfbvPem0Z4U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's unfortunate as I use the google app a lot. I have the widget on my home screen (or had now that I uninstalled it), providing much more convenience than having to open and wait for a browser to load, then search. Maybe I should take this issue to google then.

user7Fht2qx9e2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yeah, you got a point.  The only thing I lost was the "OK GOOGLE" that I just enabled.  Which of course installed the latest "Google" APP which caused the problem it appears.  It does look like it is a GOOGLE ISSUE.  

userUmgXZzSNwa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

May be this is google app issue or sometimes wiping caache partition will also work. I have found this useful guide that suggest some other option to fix com.android.systemui has stopped error.

user7Fht2qx9e2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried a full factory reset which reformated cache and memory and that did not solve mine.  but removing the APP did.  I would love to find another solution since I am sure I am going to run into a road block somewhere not having the Google App...in the meantime...

@userUmgXZzSNwa wrote:

Hi,

May be this is google app issue or sometimes wiping caache partition will also work. I have found this useful guide that suggest some other option to fix com.android.systemui has stopped error.

usernsGe77LkwM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PERFECT, thank you, disabled the app called "Google app" sorted instantly Smiley Happy