JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy M21 has weird upload and download issue in 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi [ updated ]

(Topic created: a month ago)
userzUB8YJjNha
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The recent update of samsung m21 has pushed a weird bug in the device.

Upload and download get capped at 10mbps means 1.2 MBps ( somewhere ). The download or upload starts fine. then after sometime the download or the upload capped at 10mbps. My current speed of connection is 100mbps but the device throttle the speed drastically after sometime of the process of download or uploadingScreenshot_20210925-092957_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20210925-093029_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20210925-093045_IP Tools.jpgScreenshot_20210925-093155_Speedtest.jpg

Ping increases : from normal 1.2 ms to 300 ms + ( ping to local router host ex . 192.168.0.1 )
Tried method to fix: Reset network , Reset total device || Result : Not working still speed gets capped.

This can be reproduced by this way :-

1. Use FTP server to upload something ( means downloading from this device )

2. Upload big files to telegram ( more than 900 MB )

3. Upload to any other service

4. Download big file ( more than 2 GB )

OBSERVATION : -

Other device like desktop , other 5ghz enable phone like poco f1 and Samsung m31 works fine under upload or download

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userzUB8YJjNha
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Update :-

The main issue is with the firmware. So, I have to manaully flash the older firmware in device. And after that the issue was gone

M215FXXU2BUG2_M215FODM2BUF1_INS  this is firmware needs to flashed to resolve this issue

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
tomb532
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You might need to clear the cache partition. Google "How to Wipe Cache Partition on Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra – BestusefulTips". It's a YouTube video that will help if it doesn't fix.
0 Likes
userzUB8YJjNha
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

As per you comment I have wiped the cache partition from the recovery mode , But still the issue exists and its annoying while uploading any file

0 Likes
Solution
userzUB8YJjNha
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Update :-

The main issue is with the firmware. So, I have to manaully flash the older firmware in device. And after that the issue was gone

M215FXXU2BUG2_M215FODM2BUF1_INS  this is firmware needs to flashed to resolve this issue

View solution in context

0 Likes