JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy a21 unable to move apps to SD card!??

(Topic created: 10-16-2021 09:54 AM)
userpgApNlhNRo
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung needs to address the issue of not being able to move apps to external storage on the a21. This has never been an issue with other models. This is not an issue with the app developer or Android. This is a design flaw made by Samsung. Why would they do this on purpose and how will they fix it? People need to be able to move apps to their SD card. Not having this capability will cause Samsung to loose money. So contact some development design engineers working for Samsung and get an update pushed out to address this issue. If not millions of people will never buy another Samsung phone or product ever again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I understand how frustrating it is not being able to move apps to the SD card. US variant Samsung phones do not offer the ability to use Adoptable Storage, or in more plain terms the ability to use the SD card as internal storage. Additionally, not many app developers allow their apps to be used on external storage devices like the SD card. Not all apps can be moved. To move an app to the SD card got to Settings>Apps>Locate the app you want to move<Select Storage<There should be an option there to change the storage (If available)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
lannyrico
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you not able to move ANY apps? Or is it specific apps? On my tablet I'm not allowed to move certain apps to my SD card like Hulu.
0 Likes
userKj7yY8oXsm
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am unable to move ANY apps.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I understand how frustrating it is not being able to move apps to the SD card. US variant Samsung phones do not offer the ability to use Adoptable Storage, or in more plain terms the ability to use the SD card as internal storage. Additionally, not many app developers allow their apps to be used on external storage devices like the SD card. Not all apps can be moved. To move an app to the SD card got to Settings>Apps>Locate the app you want to move<Select Storage<There should be an option there to change the storage (If available)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userKj7yY8oXsm
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am having the same issue.  I can't move ANY apps at all.  I can only put pictures on the SD card.

0 Likes