cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy j6 camera blurring

Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy J6plus for about one year now, suddenly, the rear camera autofocus started to not working properly, all the pictures are blurry in all modes, even videos. 

I noticed that this problem appeared after the last software update, but I'm not sure if this is the cause. 

Does anyone have a solution for this? Even by software tricks? 

I contact Samsung in my region and they didn't do anything more than advising to visit the maintenance center which will open the phone's hardware and probably erase all the data from the device which I can't afford. 

Note: I made software reset for the camera and made sure that the lens is clean and everything.. but nothing worked for me. 

Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy j6 camera blurring

Hey, give this a shot:

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 App > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.
 Restart Phone

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello

Already tried that, also I tried *#0*# code, I even tried gently tapping on the camera incase the sensor is jammed, I watched several videos on YouTube, eventually nothing worked 😔

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tested the device in safe mode? If this does not work a factory reset may be needed. Please ensure to back up all data prior to doing so.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

How to test on safe mode?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This should help with safe mode.

1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.
Check for the problem.
If the issue goes away on safe mode, turn safe mode off by pulling down the notification shade from the top and tapping on the notification. This should allow you to check if the issue returns. If it does, you’ll need to identify the bad app.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The camera on the J6 isnt that impressive, if you're able to I'd upgrade your phone to a galaxy A10e or preferably the A20 as it has a dual back camera lense. The A20 is only about $25-$50 more, both are affordable

Highlighted
Constellation

It's not about the cost, I have a lot of valuable data and it would be exhausting backing up all of it on a new one.

And honestly, it's not logical to replace a device after only 14 months due to bad manufacturing, I don't think that I would trust Samsung again.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Current phones usually have a shorter life span, especially non removable battery phones. Overall though the J series are low end budget phones which any manufacturer can have those issues.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have just started with this phone