cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Battery drain after charging

My Gear S3 Frontier has started to drain rapidly after reaching a full charge.

Consulted with other Gear S3 Frontier users to confirm it is likely an update issue and not a hardware issue. - Confirmed (we all started to experience issues at the same time).

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Battery drain after charging

Agreed, same issue.  Charge to 100% overnight, go to work, sometime an hr or two later I feel the watch getting warm, check it and it's 53%. Very sluggish response then, sometimes unable to use power off feature so often end up performing reset by holding button. Generally improves and behaves normally following reset, albeit at less capacity. 

Happens daily. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Battery drain after charging

I started turning my watch off to charge it and it seems to have helped the problem but I think this action is unnecessary. I keep watching for a watch update.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Battery drain after charging

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH MINE. THE OTHER THING MINE IS DOING IS IT KEEPS LOOSING CONNECTION WITH MY PHONE. MY PHONE SAYS ITS CONNECTED BUT THE LITTLE ICON ON THE PHONE SHOWS UP LIKE ITS NOT CONNECTED. YOU HAVING SAME ISSUE?

Highlighted
Astronaut

G3 FRONTIER

HELLO THERE. IM WRITING YOU TODAY TO DISCUSS MY SUDDEN DISPLEASURE WITH MY G3 FRONTIER SMARTWATCH. IN A NUTSHELL IT SEEMS THAT BASICALLY OVERNIGHT THE BATTERY LIFE IS TERRIBLE. IM LUCKY TO GET 4 HOURS OUT OF IT ON A FULL CHARGE. WHATS GOING ON AND WHAT CAN BE DONE?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: G3 FRONTIER

I reset mine and having better battery life. I do keep always in display off.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I HAVE EVERY FEATURE TURNED OFF. ALL IT DOES RIGHT NOW IS TELL TIME(FROM 8AM-12P) AND THEN GOES INTO POWER SAVER MODE AND DIES. IVE RESTARTED, UPDATED, REBOOTED AND NOTHING WORKS. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Mine had been dying after workouts. Goes from 70% to nothing quickly. I just turned off workout detection as well to see if that makes a difference. I just reset my watch yesterday.
Amazon has a battery kit if you want to try it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SL4LNVT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TSEFFbYN3NP9T
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

By reset I mean factory reset. Back it up to your phone first and go into the watch to pair it with a new phone to pair it with your phone.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I WILL TRY THAT. CANT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE ITS DEAD.