cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung/Google broke AT&T Numbersync - SOLVED

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my Watch3, to now work with AT&T NumberSync and my Galaxy S9+:  I posted the message below about my weeks long effort to get AT&T  NUMBERSYNC to work with my Watch3 on AT&T.

What I did was reset (not network reset) my watch after backing it up.  I did not restore "Settings" or "Apps" from backup and instead set it up all the way.  The network connection was still good becasue I had not reset that.

I also deleted the Wear app on my phone then rebooted it before connecting the watch3.  The setup process automatically went through setting up Numbersysnc and when all was done.  IT Worked perfectly.  A call to the phone rings on the Watch if it is in bluetooth range or if not after the AT&T cell connection has turned on.

I manually set up WiFi and other paramaters, and installed the applications.

This is the problem I was having before.

AT&T Numbersync on Gear, and Watch worked flawlessly up until this Summer. As anyone who has contacted AT&T or Samsung about this knows, they blame each other.  Samsung says it is a carrier network issue and AT&T says it is known Samsung issue. The official technical term for this is MESS. I have invested hours with this and found that on my Watch3, and S9+ phone, will work as "call forwarding" but not as it used to on the Gear and Watch before this summer. Now I have a Watch3 and the problem continues.

It works on AT&T network as call forwarding with Numbersync be OFF on the watch3 and Mobile Auto set to OFF and Turn On set to on.  I leave mobile data off to reduce battery draw. The battery lasts about 18 hours to  20% charge this way.  After a call to my cell phone goes unanswered for a set number of rings (no voice mail set up) it starts to ring on the watch. This does not serve my purpose, many callers don't wait for the ring timeout and I like it to ring on my watch which I wear all the time, in addition to my phone which can be anywhere I left it in the house or car.

• If I were near my phone, a call would ring on both the watch and phone simultaneously and I could answer either. The cell connection would be off or idle.
  • If I were out of Bluetooth range, the cell connection would be on and a call would ring on the watch immediately - not wait for the phone ring count
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung/Google broke AT&T Numbersync

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I put the solution that worked for me, as an edit in my original post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION
why isnt my life getting fixed
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION
the apple phone is easier when you can get a live person to help you. a normal person anyway, me i have no idea why this is happening to me
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I put the solution that worked for me, as an edit in my original post.

View solution in original post