Astronaut

Samsung J3 Prime

My phone keeps dying at 20%

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung J3 Prime

Hello @Sophiajewel,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your battery. The first thing I suggest you try is to wipe the cache partition. This wipes temporarily stored data and allows the device to operate much more smoothly.  To do this:

1. Make sure you turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “Wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “Yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. After the wipe cache partition is complete, the “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

After all of this give it some time and try using the device as normal. If you're still experiencing these draining issues then I recommend you get in touch with an authorized Samsung Care location. One of these Samsung Care locations could run a diagnostic on the phone and test for drainage, etc. I also recommend you use an official Samsung charger as recommended for your device as well. Third-party chargers are capable of damaging your device.

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

To contact Samsung directly for further troubleshooting and escalations: 1-800-SAMSUNG

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @Sophiajewel ,

When you charge are you using the cable provided with your device?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello Sophia,

I agree with Zolfur, and I would also recommend replacing your battery. It could be passed it's life cycle capacity.

Best Regards,

Jayhon