JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung J4 plus screen not responding(NOT TOUCHING) after updates.

(Topic created: 06-06-2020 11:18 AM)
userQv0q6LT9co
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung J4 plus screen not responding(NOT TOUCHING) after updates.

I just updated my Galaxy J4 Plus And after the updates the phone is not working anymore.

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Please try holding down Power+Volume Down until the device reboots. Does the device have sufficient charge?

0 Likes
userQ555cyWICb
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I had a similar issue,tried the suggested method ,result still the same.

0 Likes
BlackOnyx6
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello @userQv0q6LT9co ,

Just checking in to see if you your issue was resolved. Please follow up if a resolution is needed. 

0 Likes
Samsung_9bdtqWy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That send a screen shot

0 Likes
usertUjXULgqWH
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is there an update on this one? Until now I can't fix it.

I was able to access my phone using otg and mouse and upgrade again the software (maybe it will be fix through the latest OTA) but still the same

My current software security patch June 2020

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for reaching out. I recommend having the phone evaluated by a certified technician. You can use the following link to find a service location near you: https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jagz_88
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, 
I have the same issue and the technician found that the problem is not the screen, but the software update is not compatible with the J4+ touch screen.

Samsung needs to check compatibility before releasing updates because the cost of replacing the screen is almost the same price as buying a new phone.

Everyone I know with the Samsung j4 plus got the same issue and the only way it gets resolved is by flashing with an unofficial binary (which would void the warranty) or accessing the darned thing with a mouse - which is the only way it works.

Why is Samsung not fixing the issue rather then "forcing" customers to spend more for an issue that is Samsung's fault?

0 Likes
Solution
userQv0q6LT9co
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi all.. 

The Issue was resolved. I change the diplay screen since it wasn't compatible with recent updates. But the old one was working with an unofficial binary. 

After changing the screen I installed back the original Binary updated version.

userPL9hoSphCC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How to do that please? I have the same concern. 

0 Likes