cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung J5 2016 downgrade

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to downgrade my Samsung J5 2016 from Android 7 to Android 5 is that possible? I find Android 7 very anonying so I have decided to dowgrade my Android. My Samsung model number is SM-J510GN.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung J5 2016 downgrade

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time, there is not an authorized way to revert system software. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time, there is not an authorized way to revert system software. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why downgrade? Android 8 or 9 it's better and safer. That being said, I don't think there is a way to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But the point is I am now stuck at 7.1.1 I can't upgrade to Android 9. If I can I would have did it but now I can't so I want to go back to Android 5.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unless you can show me how to upgrade my phone from Android 7 to 9. Then I will upgrade my phone. I am SM-J510GN. I don;t think it supports Android 9 tho.