cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3D37Ui
Constellation

Samsung J7 still not connecting to internet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Need help with internet connectivity. My phone is an SM J727A, android version 7.0, baseband version J727AUCS3ARF1. I have gone through all of the steps below as well as forgetting and re-adding my home network.  I reset my router and can confirm my signal is clear. I have to manually reconnect every 2 minutes or so. Phone carrier is AT&T.

Did all of this:

Check your WiFi settings: Under the advanced tab, you will locate Keep WiFi on during sleep. Please check that this is set to "Always"  

- Change your clock to the Wrong Time:

1. Go to your Date and Time Settings and disable automatic time
  2. Set your device to the wrong time
  3. You will then go to the home screen and use the recent applications button located to the left of your home button and close all apps
  4. Go back to the Date and Time Settings and set your device to the correct time
  • This will help reset the internal clock of your device to your network

​​​​​​​- Wipe the Cache Partition of your device: How to wipe the Cache Partition on your phone or tablet

- Check that all applications are up to date and power down phone, then power device back on

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung J7 still not connecting to internet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend factory resetting the phone. Make sure you save any important information before you do so. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @user3D37Ui, thank you for the information you provided. If the problem continues after performing the steps you listed, lets give these steps a shot.

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Device Maintenance>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Phone (All 3)>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Wifi Direct>Storage> Clear Cache/Data

Settings>Apps>Click on the three dots at the top right corner>Show system Apps>Secure Wifi>Storage> Clear Cache/Data *(Only Clear Cache if you are using a secured wifi network)* Please reboot your device once you complete the following steps. 

Highlighted
user3D37Ui
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No improvement. Tried your recommendation 3 times. Any other suggestions?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend factory resetting the phone. Make sure you save any important information before you do so. 

View solution in original post