Original topic:

Samsung M30s Software Update not downloading.

(Topic created: 07-05-2021 11:22 AM)
userJUlz1zU1SA
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Software Information : One UI 3.1 Android 11

Software Update Version / Build Number : M307FXXU4CUF1

Update Release Date : 2021-06-15

Download error message : The update package has not been downloaded completely. Mobile networks are available. Downloading via mobile network may result in additional charges. If possible, download via a Wi-Fi network. 

The options that come with this message are : Wi-Fi settings, Cancel, Continue.

Now from what I understand is that its 'suggesting' me to use a wifi to download. I don't have wifi and the update is a mere 500 mb. I keep downloading 5 gb stuff with mobile data so I have no severe problem in mobile network speed. But it always shows the above message whenever I start the software update download using mobile data. Just in case I connected to my brother's hotspot and used Wifi like it suggested. The above message doesn't come but the download never starts. It remains stuck at 0%. Btw if I click 'continue' in the above message, the same message pops back up after 2 mins without the download bar moving from 0%.

My problem is : Why is it forcing me to use Wifi when I know my mobile data can download it. Why is it not downloading when I am on wifi as it suggested. If its glitched, how to solve without any major change like resetting.

4 Replies
mankynn
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I need that
0 Likes
mankynn
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Send it to mine phone