cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung M40 shuts down in the night but it will not shut down if kept in flight mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

I recently bought Samsung M40 it is very good phone but the issue is it will automatically shuts down in the night and goes blank, but strange is if I keep the phone in flight mode it will not shut down. So far I have tried 3 times factory reset, soft and hard reset, check in safe mode, auto optimization, auto reset, and all seems ok but still it switches off.

Any solution will be appreciated.

- Karun

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung M40 shuts down in the night but not it will shut down if kept in flight mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/#contactus

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Samsung M40 shuts down in the night but not it will shut down if kept in flight mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted to keep your phone in safe mode during the night to see if it will shut down then? If nothing in the optimization or auto resets is turned on I would lean more towards a third-party application causing the weirdness but the safe mode test will tell us for sure.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

Thanks for your reply, I actually tried this and its the same it still switches off automatically.

Any other solution?

- Karun

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userD7TwydE7Ay Can I please have your full model number? Do you have auto restart turned on in the setting of your device?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes auto reset is off and auto optimization is also off, model is Samsung galaxy m40, SM-M405F

It doesn't get switch off if I keep the phone  in flight mode.

- Karun 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/#contactus

View solution in original post