Original topic:

Samsung Music App Not Working

(Topic created: 11-12-2021 12:54 PM)
kreators_portrait
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello. Samsung Music app has not been working for the past 2 months. The audio file can play but I cannot edit any of the content on my file. Everytime I try to edit an audio filw it saids that the file type is not supported even though the file type is in mp3 or mpeg format. Why is that? So far I haven't found a solution.
9 Replies
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
try clearing cache first if that doesn't help then try clearing all data. make sure your music files are in a different folder than the installation directory of the Samsung Music app so it doesn't delete any of your music in the process.
0 Likes
kreators_portrait
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've cleared the catche and it doesn't seem to solve the issue. All my files are in the downloads folder so I don't think it will delete
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
okay good to hear try clearing all data of Samsung music and try seeing if the app needs to be updated in the galaxy store
0 Likes
kreators_portrait
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I dont see any updates for the app but if i remembered correctly, it was the last update that made the app become like this. Do you think I can undo an update?
0 Likes
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
yes! on Android yes but ofc it's quite a tedious process. I'll save you the trouble and give you a link to download the previous version of Samsung music in your dms.
0 Likes
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
make sure to delete the previous Samsung music application then download the one from the link I sent you to a previous version of the app.
kreators_portrait
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Tysm!
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
hope I helped!! 😃
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

please update whether the issue was fixed or not.

if the issue persists then you can also submit error report to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue once more, the engineers at samsung should be able to help identify the cause of the malfunction of the feature.

Additionally, if the issue is still there. then please share the device model number, software version and the version of the samsung music app. thank you

0 Likes