cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mookcrows2018
Asteroid

Samsung Music player improvements

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm new here and I tried starting a thread in the somewhat appropriate thread but no option was present to write one. But I was referred to the community by the "chat" section in customer service. I wanted to bring to light something that needs addressing regarding the Samsung music app. 

I owned a Galaxy S4 and now an S8. I use the Samsung music app constantly. I like it, I don't expect too much from it like most audiophiles. What I do expect from it is the ability to rearrange and manage songs in my playlist made easier. How about a function that allows one to select a "block" of songs added to a playlist to be moved anywhere you want within the playlist. 

Lets say you have close to 1000 songs on your playlist and you later added new albums. New songs always end up at the bottom of a playlist when you add them. But now you want to move some songs either before , after or in the middle of some albums. However those areas you want to occupy are all the way toward the top.  I can select multiple songs to delete, or move to another playlist but I can't move them all at once for an easier rearrangement. I can only move one track at a time. Which is highly tedious. 

I have had to reconstruct playlist multiple times due to issues not necessarily associated with the app. These issues are due to accidently deleting certain files, moving files from one device to another or transferring music files from the device to the SD card. Downloading files from cloud devices does help but only but so much. I have tried making a playlist within the cloud in the hopes that it would duplicate transfer exactly the way it was constructed. But even in those cases I haven't had much luck. Also when I create playlists in Windows Media Player setting them in a particular order in the hopes they'll appear in the same order on the playlist, once they sync to the "newly added list" they aren't all in order. Some are some aren't. It's like a semi-alphabitizing. No matter how you construct your playlist if you add more songs later and you want to move them into a particular section of the playlists it's not possible. I've searched online for answers to this problem. There are no forums online that can solve this problem because the problem was probably never addressed or considered. Plus adding 3rd party players is not wise. But it's really frustrating having to move one song at a time. 

I have brought this issue up with Samsung ahwile back before in the hopes that they would pass it on to the developers team. Samsung has created new phones, removed some older apps and updated some remaining apps as well as add new ones. Yet there is no feature within the Samsung music player despite being updated numerous times that would allow for better managing of music added to a created playlist.

So I wanted to bring this to Samsung's attention in the hopes they might consider adding a feature that would allow multiple songs to be moved at once into any position you want on a playlist. I think this would be a good addition to have. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Music player improvements

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate the feedback and will be forwarding it accordingly! Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate the feedback and will be forwarding it accordingly! Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Mookcrows2018
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you for addressing this. I hope that I placed it in the right area. I placed it in another area but it hasn't gotten noticed. Which is why I posted it here. Sometimes mods will move it to the area it belongs. But I really hope that this matter gets addressed. This should be a feature. I just realized that most people that own Apple products can easily sync their playlists. If a device gets wiped you can sync everything back exactly. Doesn't work so well with WMP as you have to have a created playlist and even then it doesn't always place them in the order you added them. Which was one reason why I wanted to recommend a feature that allows for being able to move and insert multiple blocks of selected songs into a specific section on a playlist. It's just too tedious a task. I have playlist of now 900 songs and before it reached that level it took days just to move and rearrange tracks where I wanted them. Because even if you create a playlist you still might have to move these files around. Otherwise you'd have to delete everything and start from scratch. We have the option to select multiple files for DL but not so much when it comes to rearranging. Considered for some things but not always for other things. Thank you for your time.
userPsLmlFNRzN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

what I want to do is simply move (sync) music files, CD albums, and add them to my SD card on my new galaxy A-50..... 

I have never been able to just move a CD(s) from Windows Media Player and sync it to the Galaxy S5 which I have now..... The player on the phone does play music I load but the file is not recognized properly.   The album cover should follow the CD but I rarely does and often it is the wrong cover on the CD

I plan on trying (this time) on my new phone to just plug the SD card in my computer and transfer the files to it... I don't know if it will work or not yet

Do you have the correct procedure?  or any ideas which make the transfer work properly

My idea of "correct" is to have the artists in alphabetical order or album or genre

thanx in advance

Bryan Coleman