cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlackLusterSldr
Constellation

Samsung Pay for Galaxy A5 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I really want to use this feature but im unable to download the app from google play or galaxy app store. online its mentioned in many reviews for the phone and even used as a selling point to buy the phone.. is the app not available afterall? i have an unlocked north american single sim version.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlackLusterSldr
Constellation

Re: Samsung Pay for Galaxy A5 2017

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the very long break before my reply, I forgot about this app to be honest. I have an unlocked international version I purchased from Amazon. I've since learned that Samsung pay is simply unsupported on unlocked devices, as well as international devices. It's unclear whether this feature will be made available for phones under these categories, even if the device has the qualifications to run the app.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @BlackLusterSldr. Thanks for posting. I know that Samsung Pay is region and device specific sometimes, so even though you have an A5, you may not have one that is compatible. 

That being said, I know that the US market doesn't sell the A series. Where did you purchase this device? 

user22NYSRkbqe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ihave same problem...

company says A5 2017 supports samsung pay...

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out, @user22NYSRkbqe. Which country are you attempting to use the A5 in?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

BlackLusterSldr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the very long break before my reply, I forgot about this app to be honest. I have an unlocked international version I purchased from Amazon. I've since learned that Samsung pay is simply unsupported on unlocked devices, as well as international devices. It's unclear whether this feature will be made available for phones under these categories, even if the device has the qualifications to run the app.

View solution in original post

userpu0JR39b7M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I need help with my galaxy A5 is having this problem, Bluetooth, WiFi, location turning itself on how to stop it.
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us about this.

Would you mind sending us that information? That will help us determine which phones are experiencing this difficulty.

If you need anything else, feel free to reach out to our community, they are always happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch!

Would you mind giving us some more detail about your device?

• Model Number
  • Baseband Version
  • Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone.

userrsr9P3HgZG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-A520W

A520WVLS4CRH2

Freedom Mobile 

Device unsupported error.