cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Samsung S View Wallet Case for Galaxy A71 not working

I got a Samsung Galaxy A71 and the S View Wallet Case early Oct 2020.  I just did the Samsung Android security patch software update yesterday and ever since the smart cover sensor isn't working.  When I open/close the flip cover it doesn't do anything to the phone screen, which stays on.  When closed, it should turn off the main screen and turn on the clear mini display on cover to display time/notifications. 

I tried rebooting the phone, taking it out of the case, recharging it, factory resetting it, calling Samsung and Telus and Best Buy where I bought it to no avail.  I also went through all the setting options on the phone and googling/youtubing various search terms for similiar topics to no avail.  There are no software apps for this on google play.  Aside from throwing it away and getting a regular case does anyone have a solution for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Astronaut

Re: Samsung S View Wallet Case for Galaxy A71 not working

I have the exact same problem. I have the S view cover on my Galaxy S20 Plus 5G and it worked fine without any problems. Suddenly one day it stopped working. My screen does not respond when i open and close my cover. 

I have been in contact with Samsung support guiding me to some menues not existing anymore in my phone. Same menues are shown in various videos around the Internet. But they don't exist on my phone at least not anymore.

When i go to my old Huawai phone it has a menu where I can enable and disabe the smart cover function and the the samsung cover works on my Huawai phone (it's just a magnet in the cover lid).

I cannot find the same functionality in my samsung phone. 

I suppose the last security update has disabled this function in the phone by a mistake and now it's not possible to enable it anymore. My gues is, that Samsung needs to make an update to fix this issue.

I'm about to send my phone to the repair shop well knowing that they can't do anything about it.

I have also tried resetting the phone to factory setting etc. etc. etc. but nothing works. 

Samsung please listen and make an update to fix this issue. @samsung

Astronaut

Re: Samsung S View Wallet Case for Galaxy A71 not working

#samsung