cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung S7 black screen and constant buzzing

Hi

I had just called someone when my screen went black and now my phone is making a buzzing noise.  It wont turn on and i have no idea how to stop the noise or restart my phone....

Can anyone assist?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung S7 black screen and constant buzzing

I'm not sure how to help you.... But my dad's Note 5 did the same exact thing today. We ended up calling the carrier for an insurance replacement. Nothing worked, we couldn't get it to shut off or anything. It would still make the notification sound and the ringtone for calls played, but no screen.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My S7 did it on Feb 14... the whole operating system gone... the phone is in mint condition not one scratch ... this was a first for me ...always had Samsung phones and this has never happened before ..the carrier just offered the upgrade (mind you my phone was already paid off) Samsung want me to send it in and pay$70 for a diagnostic (who knows how much the repair would have cost)

Very disappointing

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

from what you posted, it seems that the display has gone out. The device still works, but the LCD (the underside of the display) may have been damaged. It may need a hardware repair, and specific attention by a technician to it.

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello user97ebpGdH3q,

I'm sorry to hear you have issues with your S7 device.

We can try to do one thing to boot up your device: hold the Power key, Home key (center button at bottom of phone) and Volume Down for a few seconds, the device should boot up a "download mode" on a blue screen, it should state what button to hold down for 7 seconds to restart the device.

Should this not help, as stated by another user, it may be a display issue. Does your device have any physical damage? If so, it would need to be serviced at a Samsung or authorized service location; the link has been provided previously.

SIncerest apologies for the inconvinience this has caused.

Thank you, and take care.

Expert