cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Smart phones, Liquid Damage, Policy of denying Authorized Repair centers to service

So once a consumer purchases a samsung smart phone device it is no longer an asset or liability.

So how is it Samsung can issues a policy denying repair of liquid damage as they deem it not financially worth it....For Samsung.....Really , repalcement parts would be a lucrative revenue stream but instead they force either a new phone purchase or repair with after market parts.  If when in the future I must purchase a new device, appliance, electronic it will NOT be a Samsung.

Clearly this company is yet onbard with the "in this together" compassion given the state of affairs.

Managment serves the bloodlines of the leviathan bloodlines

To the many people who have experienced this, many people speak loudly, so let's force Samsung to either embrace or be obliterated into dust by the light

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung Smart phones, Liquid Damage, Policy of denying Authorized Repair centers to service

hello @jp68nATL 

I'm sorry to hear youre not having the best experience. Liquid damage however is something that is  considered out of warranty with all brands in tech. The only time you will see something like this covered is through insurance for accidental damage. When they mentioned something not financially worth it, it wasnt for samsung it is for the consumer. Beyond Economical Repair means that the cost of the repair would exceed the cost of the retail price for that particular model. On the other hand if you would like to proceed with that particular repair it is still possible to get it repaired for the amount quoted. They just suggest that you don't being that the price would be more expensive for you. 

With that being said given the present circumstances of our times I would still try to speak to a manager or samsung moderator. I have linked one in this conversation @SamsungRei . I hope that they are able to find a solution for you that works and that you and your loved ones stay safe. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Smart phones, Liquid Damage, Policy of denying Authorized Repair centers to service

@jp68nATL I apologize for your frustrations! If you would please send a private message with any ticket numbers you may have, I would be happy to look into this further! http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.