JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung a32 5g- how to get pics transferred to a Apple computer

(Topic created: 04-15-2022 04:03 PM)
usergVQvdqTI4D
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello everyone. I have the Galaxy a32 5g. I cannot figure out how to transfer pics i take with it to my mac. Is there a way using the cable to transfer to my mac using the cable? Right now the only way I know how to do it is to e mail it to myself and open on the computer. I loose all the data that goes with the pic tho, like date and time, location etc. I dont use google photos either cause I had trouble with it. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thank you in advance

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You could also use Google Drive.

However, yes, I use a USB cable to connect to my Linux desktops and laptops .... then I use the file manager on Linux to navigate the phone's file system

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You could also use Google Drive.

However, yes, I use a USB cable to connect to my Linux desktops and laptops .... then I use the file manager on Linux to navigate the phone's file system
usergVQvdqTI4D
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you, I plugged the phone into my Mac but nothing happens. I guess ill try the google drive. Thank you for your response.

Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac computer via USB cable, you can follow steps below:

Step 1: Connect your Samsung phone to the Mac computer with a USB cable, and unlock your Samsung device.

Step 2: Swipe down from the top of Samsung phone screen to connect your phone as a media device. To do so, please change the USB connection type to "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" or "PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)". Thus the Mac will detect the connected Samsung phone soon.

Step 3: On your Mac computer, please open your Samsung device and go to "DCIM" > "Camera", or any other folders that contains the images you want to backup.

Step 4: Preview and choose the pictures you want and drag them to your Mac. You can create a folder to save the pictures as required.

There will be a progress bar showing you how many photos have been transferred. This is how to transfer photos from Samsung S6/S7/S8/S9/S10 to Mac using USB cable.

Just have a try, and hope this will be your help.

0 Likes
usergVQvdqTI4D
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you!!!

0 Likes